Urban and Community Forestry Intern
The Community Connections Urban & Community Forestry (UCF) Intern is responsible for collaboratively developing and delivering content for the Denver Metro area that supports the education and stewardship missions of the Americas for Conservation + the Arts (AFC+A) and the US Forest Service (USFS) as they work in partnership to achieve shared goals.
Partnership Goals: AFC+A aims to create a healthy environment through advocacy, education, and engagement of culturally diverse communities. Together, we empower communities toward long-term environmental stewardship, ensuring a healthy environment for ALL cultures.
● Document success stories to highlight volunteer, agency and partner work
● Collect testimonials and capture event data for program related events
● Generate weekly blogs for AFC+A work related websites
● Create maps and infographics that communicate current and potential urban and community forestry extent and benefits
● Provide United Cultures for Art + Nature (UCAN) Green Ambassadors program support, including presence and participation at the August 15-20 Congress in Estes Park, CO
● Provide Americas Latino Eco Festival (ALEF) program support, including presence and participation at the September 15-17 event in Denver, CO
Regular meetings and networks to be a part of:
● Front Range Urban Forestry Council (FRUFC)
● Colorado Tree Coalition (CTC)
● Metro Denver Nature Alliance (MDNA)
● Denver Urban Field Station (DUFS)
● South Platte River Urban Waters Partnership (SPRUWP)
● UCAN Green Ambassadors program
● ALEF 2017 planning committee
● Become an International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) certified arborist
● Attend CTC and ISA Rocky Mountain Chapter events and training workshops
● Other ideas and educational goals welcome
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Basic Computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
● Urban forestry and/or environmental planning background
● Flexible schedule
● Valid driver’s license, safe driving record, and car insurance
● Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS), web/social media communication, and desktop publishing preferred
● $14.00 per hour
● Gas stipend of $350.00 for travel to and from various event and meeting locations
● Training stipend of $500
● 32 hours per week with flexible work days
● Begins May 15th and extends through September 22nd for a total of 19 weeks.
● Work space will be provided at the USFS regional office in Golden
For More Information:
Contact Carey Mason Development Director (firstname.lastname@example.org; 720-587-9614)
Irene Vilar, AFC+A Founder & Executive Director (email@example.com; 303-330-6597)
About Americas for Conservation + the Arts:
● Is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
● Aims to create a healthy environment through advocacy, education, and engagement of culturally diverse communities.
● Advanced tools and platforms that empower these communities to provide long-term environmental stewardship, ensuring a healthy environment for ALL cultures.
● Is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
How to Apply